Welcome to Forks-Up!
Let me introduce myself: I’m Sara, a 30-something lawyer and something of a foodie. I love to cook, I love to eat and I love to write. Blogging restaurant and recipe reviews at Forks-Up is a way for me to combine those things and – hopefully – inform and entertain you, the reader, at the same time.
I am an omnivore and a relatively unfussy eater, though I do confess to having a slight allergy to kiwi-fruit and monosodium glutamate, and an intense dislike of leeks, anchovies and marmite. These will, naturally, influence my menu choices – but otherwise I’d say I’m pretty much open to trying anything.
When I eat out, I don’t do it alone, so I should also introduce my most regular dining partners:
- H is my husband. A total omnivore but, as a South African, he does have a bit of a penchant for meaty meals.
- T is a friend from my university days. She’s vegetarian and is rather a fan of fine dining.
- L is another university friend. Save for a gluten intolerance, she’s an omnivore, though she doesn’t tend to go for desserts very muR is a friend from primary school. She’s an omnivore, but H and I often eat out together with her and her husband, W, a pescatarian.
- HR is probably my oldest friend. She has a nut allergy, and her husband, O, is seriously allergic to both eggs and fish, which makes him a bit of a nervous diner.
- M is my sister. She has Crohn’s disease so eats a very restricted diet (most significantly, she must avoid dairy, garlic and onions, but there’s a long list of other off-limits items). She lives up North, so we don’t dine out together all that much, but when she comes to visit she’s a willing guinea-pig for my attempts at dairy-free cooking.