Nestled on a quiet side street just round the corner from chi-chi Marylebone Lane and boasting a Michelin star, L’Autre Pied offers well executed and beautifully presented food in a surprisingly relaxed setting. Its fantastic […]
Fondue: say the word and immediately images of rich, thick, booze-spiked cheese spring to mind, simmering away in rustic cast iron pans over paraffin burners, dipped into by diners still wrapped in their woollens as […]
As North Devon’s main town, Barnstaple has a fair number of chain and independent restaurants. On our recent visit there, my dining partner and I chose to sample one of the independents, Custom House. Locally […]
How do Forks-Up determine a restaurant’s “Forks-Up” Rating?
We’ll rate the restaurants we review, taking into account everything from ambience to flavour, from service to the wine list, from variety to value for money. We’ll score each restaurant by putting our “Forks-Up” for them: one Fork-Up is pretty unimpressive; five Forks-Up is downright brilliant.
– One Forks-Up, Un-impressive
– Two Forks-Up, Not a recommended restaurant.
– Three Forks-Up, Decent value for money, however there’s room for improvement.
– Four Forks-Up, A very good restaurant and one that Forks-Up.com would recommend you try out some time.
– Five Forks-Up, It doesn’t have to have a Michelin Star to get Five Forks-Up, but we’d strongly advise Michelin to come visit them! They’ve got everything from ambience and great food to perfect service.
We also assign Half Forks-Up where we can’t decide exactly where the reviewed restaurant ranks.